F-prot says I need the mail server license

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at BARNET.AC.UK
Thu Jun 5 17:23:27 IST 2003

On 5 Jun 2003 at 16:40, Plant, Dean wrote:

> F-prot have advised me that I will need to use the mail server pricing
> model for use with Mailscanner which means I will have to look at
> other virus scanners.

Looking at the message that you sent to them that might not necessarily be the case.
They might have got the wrong idea.

You've not really stated that you have an existing product that just needs the command
line version to perform virus scanning. Given this e-mail your typical salesperson might
just assume you want a fully blown virus scanning smtp gateway and that's what
they've recommended.

David.

This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.