SpamAssassin timed out and was killed... box too slow?

Vasantha Narayanan vnarayan at HAVERFORD.EDU
Wed Jun 4 17:28:40 IST 2003

At 04:37 PM 6/4/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Try setting
>skip_rbl_checks 1

I've already set skip_rbl_checks 1 in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf
file.  In the debug mode, it said  that Razor2 and Pyzor were not
availabe.  So I also made the following entries in spam.assassin.prefs.conf
so that I can eliminate any of the below to be the cause of the problem:
use_dcc 0
use_pyzor 0
use_razor1 0
use_razor2 0
use_bayes 0

In debug mode, a couple of lines seem bothersome -

unix passed to setlogsock, but path not available at
/opt/MailScanner/lib/MailSc
anner/Log.pm line 62

and

debug: Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
defang_mime 0

Could they be the cause of the timeout problem?

Thanks.

Vasantha

Networking and Systems                  email: vnarayan at haverford.edu
Haverford College, PA                   Phone:
610-896-1110