New f-prot

Wed Jun 4 09:54:35 IST 2003

Hi!

> > Did anyone try yet if the wrapper still works on the new version ?
>
> Not yet, I was sort of hoping someone else would :)

Seems to work just fine, the program version is different but the scanning
engine is about the same version.

See:

[root at vmx01 f-prot]# ./f-prot /etc/passwd
Virus scanning report  -  4 June 2003 @ 10:37

F-PROT ANTIVIRUS
Program version: 3.13
Engine version: 3.13.1

VIRUS SIGNATURE FILES
SIGN.DEF created 31 May 2003
SIGN2.DEF created 31 May 2003
MACRO.DEF created 2 June 2003

Search: /etc/passwd
Action: Report only
Files: Attempt to identify files
Switches: <none>

Results of virus scanning:

Files: 1
MBRs: 0
Boot sectors: 0
Objects scanned: 1

Time: 0:00

No viruses or suspicious files/boot sectors were found.
[root at vmx01 f-prot]#

[root at vmx01 f-prot]# ./f-prot /etc/passwd
Virus scanning report  -  4 June 2003 @ 10:37

F-PROT ANTIVIRUS
Program version: 4.0.0
Engine version: 3.13.3

VIRUS SIGNATURE FILES
SIGN.DEF created 31 May 2003
SIGN2.DEF created 31 May 2003
MACRO.DEF created 2 June 2003

Search: /etc/passwd
Action: Report only
Files: Attempt to identify files
Switches: <none>

Results of virus scanning:

Files: 1
MBRs: 0
Boot sectors: 0
Objects scanned: 1

Time: 0:00

No viruses or suspicious files/boot sectors were found.
[root at vmx01 f-prot]#

Output is identical.

I have it running on one of my relays now, so far so good.

I also had a look on the license.html thats included in the package, seems
nothing different from the old version.

Bye,
Raymond.