MailScanner and SpamAssassin

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Tue Jun 3 15:30:19 IST 2003

Did you check their envelope address versus the whitelist?

We had a spammer faking their envelope address as someone on our whitelist.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Zabriskie [mailto:zabriskw at itech.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 10:21 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: MailScanner and SpamAssassin

I am running MailScanner and SpamAssassin, and am VERY pleased with the
results!  All though, I have noticed a problem, which is probably something
in my configuration.  Every once and awhile some spam will come through with
a rating of 19 or 21, which is well above the limit I have set at 5.  If you
look in the header it looks like this:

        required 5, ALL_NATURAL, BANG_EXERCISE, BAYES_90, CLICK_BELOW_CAPS,
        DATE_IN_PAST_06_12, DRASTIC_REDUCED, FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK,
        FROM_HAS_MIXED_NUMS, HTML_40_50, HTML_FONT_BIG,
HTML_FONT_COLOR_BLUE,
        HTML_FONT_COLOR_RED, HTML_LINK_CLICK_CAPS, HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE,
        MANY_EXCLAMATIONS, MIME_HTML_ONLY, MISSING_MIMEOLE, MLM,
        X_MSMAIL_PRIORITY_HIGH, X_PRIORITY_HIGH)

Obviously it is getting through because it is whitelisted.  I dont have
these guys whitelisted anywhere though.  Can someone please point me in the
right direction?  Any help, as always, will be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!