Exim+MailScanner - not always queuing mail on "in" side

Tim Bishop tim-lists at BISHNET.NET
Mon Jun 2 22:20:29 IST 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 10:32:59PM +0200, Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
> Tim Bishop <tim-lists at BISHNET.NET> writes:
>
> > I did have a retry file in the exim.in/db directory - which was
> > causing the bouncing. However, I think I know how this got there.
> >
> > Cron on FreeBSD runs sendmail (well, exim) with the -odi flag, which
> > causes a second exim process to attempt delivery - even with the
> > queue_only option switched on. Turning off this flag seems to have
> > gone part way to fixing this... but it's still not entirely happy.
>
> How do you turn off -odi? It seems that one must recompile cron to do
> this - but of course, cron on Debian Linux may be different...

That's what I did - it was slightly annoying to had to do so.

I changed MAILARGS in:

        /usr/src/usr.sbin/cron/cron/config.h

Hardly ideal - but it does at least work. This sort of thing really
should be configurable at runtime.

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop