SpamAssassin timed out and was killed... box too slow?

Chris W. Parker cparker at SWATGEAR.COM
Mon Jun 2 20:59:20 IST 2003

Hello.

We have relatively low email traffic (approx. 450/day on work days) and I receive quite a few of these in my /var/log/maillog:

May 17 04:03:08 filter MailScanner[3324]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 20

Does this mean my computer is too slow? It's a 200mhz pentium!!! :) I can imagine that it IS too slow, but I just want to make sure it's not a configuration problem. Do you think increasing the timeout would help or would that make it worse?

Thaks,
Chris.