contributing patches?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 07:29:31 IST 2003

At 23:47 30/07/2003, you wrote:
>If one is considering implementing a change locally that may be of use to
>the wider mailscanner community, is there a particular version that one
>should work against?

The latest published release.

>Is there a cvs repository somewhere or a designation of one version as the
>development version?

Not that anyone can access, no. Either mail your patch to me off-list or
mail it to the list (if it is short!). Please precede it with a posting
explaining what the patch does and why you think it's a good idea. Not
everyone's suggestions make it into the released code, and I may well
re-implement your patch entirely differently. I don't use very much of
anyone else's code (with a few notable exceptions!).
--
Julian Field