SV: SV: SV: Regarding rules for more then one person

Anders Andersson, IT andersan at LTKALMAR.SE
Wed Jul 30 19:38:59 IST 2003

Thanks, I'll do test tomorrow as soon I figured out how to use and patch.
Like I said Im just administrate the server...
Thanks a lot from a confused guy  :)

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Skickat: den 30 juli 2003 19:50
Till: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Ämne: Re: SV: SV: Regarding rules for more then one person

Attached is a diff to Config.pm that implements this.
You can now have rules that look like this:

To:     /etc/MailScanner/rules/techies.txt      yes

Note that it has to be a full path which starts with "/" and ends in
something other than "/". The rule will be replicated for all the patterns
in the techies.txt file, so you could put this in techies.txt

# This is the list of all our tech support staff. jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
*@techies.soton.ac.uk
jkf@*
/etc/MailScanner/rules/nested-filename.txt

Note that the file format is like this:
1) One pattern or address per line. The allowable patterns are the same as
the normal patterns in any normal ruleset file.
2) Comments start with # and continue until the end of the line.
3) Blank lines are ignored.
4) Leading and trailing white space is ignored.
5) Further filenames can be included, allowing you to nest these files if
you really need to.
6) If you make a loop by having a file include itself, then you're silly
and shouldn't do it.