Dcc and dccm (and 'reporting' heavy spam)

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Wed Jul 30 12:08:29 IST 2003

Hello all...

> sanjay.patel at REXWIRE.COM 29/07/03 15:10:54 >>>
>I have installed dcc and dccm but I get the following error when I try to
>start sendmail
>incoming sendmail: WARNING: Xdcc: local socket name
>@dcc_rundir@/dccm missing

For DCC with SpamAssassin, you just need the dccproc part.
The SA installation notes are very specific about this.

To quote:
To install it, download
    http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dcc-dccproc.tar.Z and
    perform the following steps:

        # tar xfvz dcc-dccproc.tar.Z
        # cd dcc-dccproc-X.X.X
        # ./configure && make && make install
        # cdcc 'info'

... the bits you are attempting to are the Sendmail/MTA & DCC integration, which are probably best discussed on the DCC mailing list.

It might be nice in the future if MailScanner could actually support reporting particularly dodgy emails to Razor/DCC automatically, a la 'spamassassin -r' ... how, exactly, I'm not sure?