Exim spools followup

Mike Oliveri moliveri at UTI.COM
Mon Jul 28 22:25:05 IST 2003

Hey guys,

Just a quick question regarding Exim spools. I first brought this up a
couple weeks ago, but only am just now able to tackle it once again.
Anyway, I received an answer conflicted to the Exim installation guide on
the website, so I thought I'd just get a quick clarification.

The Exim install guide at
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/exim.shtml says:

"MailScanner also needs to be told where the Exim incoming and outgoing
spool directories are. In the simple case these settings will work; note
that MailScanner needs to be explicitly told the input subdirectory which
is implicit in the Exim configuration.

"Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim.in/input
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim/input
If you have split_spool_directory in your Exim configuration the
configuration is slightly different:

"Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim.in/input/*
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim/input
Split Exim Spool = yes"

However, I got a reply from this list saying MailScanner should look no
deeper than the main spool directory /var/spool/exim. How do the other Exim
users out there have it configured? Also, is this something that should be
updated on the website?

Thanks!

Take care,
Mike Oliveri