Spam Action rules: first match vs. all match?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Jul 28 18:35:36 IST 2003

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>What I thought about doing was adding a "STOP" entry in any of the "all
>matches" rules, so that evaluation of the rules for that recipient/sender
>would stop at that point and not carry on trying to match other rules in
>the ruleset.

I think my soft rules idea could help with this kind of situation, but
you'd lose the behaviour of concatenating the results of all the rules
that match. I'm not particularly convinced of the value of that feature,
though -- you can achieve it by just being a bit more verbose in your
rules file, e.g. instead of