More spam after spamassain upgrade

Chris Trudeau ctrudeau at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sat Jul 26 01:21:42 IST 2003

> I wonder when this is going to be resolved.  They haven't released 2.60
> yet, but from things I've seen, it looks like 2.60 is already obsolete
> (spammers have already trained themselves to it).  When will the base
> rule system go back to being a strong set of its own that doesn't
> depend upon you using bayes (since that's not really an option here)?

Why is this not an option???....learning the engine will yield a sizable
benefit even using pulicly available corpus if getting users to assist in
training is impossible.  I don't mean to beat the BYES drum too hard, but
you will be hard pressed to find a more effective solution than a bayes
based engine that evaluates multpile words, combined with the use of DCC and
razor as well as an integrated scoring system that is "tweakable" like SA.

> It looks to me like 2.55 is still rather weak, but that's because
> MailScanner seems to have switched to defaulting to use_bayes, where
> the last time I checked it defaulted to not using it.  I've just turned
> it back off, to see if that helps my scores.

Perhaps it will...the guys on the SA list are super helpful too...just a
thought.

CT