More spam after spamassain upgrade

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Fri Jul 25 10:01:08 IST 2003

Sanjay K. Patel wrote:
> Thanks for the response,
> Here are the headers. I am using version 2.52
>
> SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (score=0.4, required 5,
>         FOR_JUST_SOME_AMT 0.18, HTML_50_60 0.10, HTML_FONT_BIG 0.22,
>         HTML_FONT_COLOR_BLUE 0.10, HTML_FONT_COLOR_GRAY 0.10,
>         HTML_FONT_COLOR_RED 0.10, HTML_WEB_BUGS 0.10,
>         ORIGINAL_MESSAGE -0.50)
>
> This was the normal buy Norton junk. It should have scored higher.

I think you'll have gathered by now that 2.52 is far from the "latest
version". I've found 2.60 (still not released) to be solid so far and
very good at spotting spam, especially when combined with DCC which was
a breeze to install (I've upped the DCC score though from the default.)

We didn't work out a sensible way of training Bayes and found it was
reducing the spam score far too often!

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"