sql logging problem

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Thu Jul 24 13:40:35 IST 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:32:19PM +0100, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Hi all
>
> well back on task getting MS going and helping Steve with the mailwatch
> frontend.
>
> Got everything going on a FreeBSD 4.8 box, but when I enable the
> SQLlogging feature I get the following error in the maillog:
>
> Jul 24 13:17:46 soloman MailScanner[61873]: Cannot insert row: MySQL
> server has gone away
>

> mail gets delivered etc, but I obviously get no logs..
>
> any pointers as to where to look?

It's hard to say much about this without knowing your setup. Have a
look at your config to see where it thinks the SQL server should be,
and see if there's something running there that is listening for
SQL queries. On my test MySQL box here at work, the server listens
on TCP port 3306, but you or your database troops may have changed
that on your server.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx