Whitelisted

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Tue Jul 22 19:00:52 IST 2003

Kris Zabriskie wrote:

> Dustin,
> Maybe that is where my misunderstanding is.  I thought, that would turn off
> spam filtering for that user only.  Does that say anything addressed to that
> user and anyone else, will go through?

Hi Kris,

As far as I understand MailScanner's whitelisting, if one recipient is
in the whitelist, all recipients receive the message.  I have run into
your situation also, and refuse to whitelist recipient names here, if I
see that they receive a high volume of spam.  I don't want other people
getting spam, just because they want their name whitelisted.

I am sure someone will correct me, if I have mis-stated how MailScanner
operates its whitelist.

Good luck with your CEO!

Dustin