CommuniGate Pro - MailScanner update

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Mon Jul 21 23:37:12 IST 2003

I have made an update to my scripts for using MailScanner with
CommuniGate Pro.  I have also updated the text of the CommuniGate Pro
rule instructions (the Execute rule no longer needs the [RETPATH] nor
[RCPT] options).

This should change the problem some people noticed with ".bad" files
showing up in the CommuniGate Pro Queue directory, due to "RPFD:" being
prepended to sender's addresses.  This shouldn't happen any more.

You can get the new scripts and information from:

http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/MailScanner

If you have any questions, or notice any new bugs, please let me know.

(And be sure to edit your path to perl in the first line of each script;
it changed in the downloads because my testing platform changed from
Solaris to Linux)

John Rudd

(ps: one person has mentioned that they see some messages being cross
delivered, but I haven't had anyone else mention this problem to me, nor
have I seen it on my own servers; if you do see such a behavior, please
let me know right away, and try to give me plenty of context
information)