From = to

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Jul 19 23:10:45 IST 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 23:06, Alan Fiebig wrote:

Well, this idea is certainly a start. But it would end up in MS blindly
deleting any spams sent by my customers to my customers.

Presumably you mean false positives, since I can't imagine you'd be
particularly keen on your customers spamming anyone through your
server.  A suggestion (not knowing your setup this may or may not be a
good one!), set up a ruleset so that only incoming mail (external to
your network) is checked for spam [you would need to do this by IP range
not domain] and also apply the ruleset I suggested previously.  This
would also improve performance on outgoing mail.

Failing that, get your hands dirty with a little perl and write a custom
config module (in CustomConfig.pm) which checks if the From and To
addresses are identical [or better, whether it comes from a local domain
but an IP external to your network] and use this for spam actions.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.