is the list going crazy or is it me? - found source of problem to be COINFOTECH.COM

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Jul 18 18:30:00 IST 2003

At 10:12 AM 7/18/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I've had the same happen.  It appears to be a problem.
>
>Evert Ford
>Information Analyst
>Westone Laboratories
>http://www.westone.com

If you look at the headers in the rejected messages it's a broken
mailserver that's looping messages back to the list, presumably by
delivering based on the To: address instead of the envelope (a common
mistake to make in custom scripts).

See:

   by mailsvc.com (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.0.6)
   with ESMTP id 12184630 for xxxxx at COINFOTECH.COM; Fri, 18 Jul 2003
10:57:03 -0600

(I censored the subscriber's address for politeness, although it can be
readily figured out by the recipients of the bounces)