DNSBL Whitelist

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Jul 17 22:11:09 IST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 16:23, Bill Anderson wrote:

>Is there a way to do the same thing, however make the response a
>whitelist.
>There is a service out there called TCATS, that provides a whitelist of
>good
>IP's as well as a black list.  I would like to use the whitelist to
>reduce
>false positives, but have not found a way to integrate it with
>MailScanner.

I don't believe theres currently any way of doing this with MailScanner,
however if you use SpamAssassin to do the RBL checks you can do it.

I _think_ its done by adding something like the following to
spam.assassin.prefs.conf

header RCVD_IN_TCATS rbleval:check_rbl('relay',
'accept.the-carrot-and-the-stick.com.')

describe RCVD_IN_TCATS Listed in TCATS see
http://www.the-carrot-and-the-stick.com/

tflags RCVD_IN_TCATS net nice

score RCVD_IN_TCATS -10

[NOTE: the first two pairs of lines are single lines which my mail
client has wrapped] You can set the score to what you like (but it
should be negative).

I basically nicked the above from the way spamassassin handles the
bondedsender.org whitelist.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000