Sophos issue?

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Wed Jul 16 21:59:52 IST 2003

Tim,

This has been covered before but I'll check the FAQ and add it if it's
missing.

Julian has well scripted the Sophos installation and you need to use his
scripts:

cd to wherever you un-tarred the Sophos files:

cd <somewhere>/sav-install tehn run

        /usr/sbin/Sophos.install

This script does it all!

Then make sure that the SAVI-Perl module is correctly installed:

        http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/SAVI.shtml

Then change your MailScanner.conf file:

        Virus Scanners = sophossavi

The update_virus scanners script will also be installed by the new
MailScanner

Note there is no need to run spamd with this setup.

Steve
Steve at Swaney.com