bayes_journal file size

Kenny Liu kl571 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 16 20:40:47 IST 2003

- Solaris 8
- MailScanner-4.21-9
- Perl 5.8
- Sendmail 8.12.9
- Spamassassin 2.55

I've been running mailscanner on our mail gateway for
about 9 days and have been pleased with its
functionality.  The mail gateway handles about 15K
incoming email of which 33% appear to be spam.  I
wanted to know how I can safely control the size of
the bayes_journal file in the /.spamassassin
directory.  It just seems to grow and grow.  Is there
a setting that I can adjust to put a cap on this
bayes_journal file?

bash-2.03# ls -l
total 279852
-rw-------   1 root     other    140768200 Jul 16
15:23 bayes_journal
-rw-------   1 root     other       3419 Jul 16 15:23
bayes_msgcount
-rw-------   1 root     root      335872 Jul 16 15:20
bayes_seen
-rw-------   1 root     root     2605056 Jul 16 15:20
bayes_toks
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       1218 Jul  8 15:24
user_prefs

Thanks,
Ken