mailscanner only sees the envelope TO

Ken Anderson ka at PACIFIC.NET
Wed Jul 16 17:56:27 IST 2003

I've looked at options for using a pop3 proxy with SA, but there's
nothing very mature in this area yet. See Prometo project at sourceforge
if you are interested.

But, I'd like to stay with MS because of it's additional capabilities,
and do this with per user configs for virtual users (no accounts on the
system means no procmail or spamc -u).

I've also wondered about forcing sendmail to break apart a message by
putting another mailserver out front that accepted up to 20 recipients
per message, but did no filtering. It would just relay to the MS boxes
that would only accept 1 recip per message. Wouldn't the sending
mailserver break the messages up into bits for you, or am I
misunderstanding mail delivery?

from sendmail.org: MaxRecipientsPerMessage - If set, allow no more than
the specified number of recipients in an SMTP envelope. Further
recipients receive a 452 error code (i.e., they are deferred for the
next delivery attempt).

Thanks,
Ken A.