A Few Messages are 'whitelisted' even with auto-whitelist off

Brady A. Tucker batucker at ICNET.NET
Wed Jul 16 04:38:20 IST 2003

I have some messages getting through that say they are whitelisted,  though
they are not.    I'm not sure when this started as I'm just now looking for
them specifically,  I've done updates as they have come out (Except for MS
4.22-5) on both SA and Mailscanner, Any suggestions ?

Specifics :
  -MailScanner 4.22-4, SA 2.5.5, RH 9, sendmail 8.12.8
  -Doesn't happen with very many addresses,  but with ~65,000 messages a
day....
  -I have 'SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no' set in MailScanner.conf
  -I do use spam.whitelist.rules,  not excessively (30 or so entries),  and
the address to which this was sent (me) has no 'To' or 'FromorTo' lines,
nor does the address it was received from have any entries...

  -I'm betting there is another whitelist setting I'm missing in SA ?  Can't
fine anything, even though this is not an SA list,  any suggestions are
appreciated

MailScanner headers :
        required 5, BAYES_60, CLICK_BELOW, DATE_IN_FUTURE_12_24, HG_HORMONE,
        HTML_40_50, HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_06, HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE, HTML_WEB_BUGS,
        MIME_HTML_ONLY, MSG_ID_ADDED_BY_MTA_SHORT, RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,
        RCVD_IN_DSBL, USERPASS)

                                      Brady A. Tucker
                                      Internet Complete! inc.
                                      http://www.icnet.net