MS Performance

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Sat Jul 12 06:18:44 IST 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 03:24:31PM +0100, Steve Freegard wrote:

> Obviously 1Gb's probably enough, but what about the machine with 512Mb?? -
> what happens if I end up with a queue full of largeish mails - will it just
> swap like crazy and is there any chance of loosing mail by doing this if the
> server runs out of memory??

Messages aren't removed from the incoming queue until they are believed to
be safely copied/linked in to the outgoing queue. So, no matter what crashes,
you should never lose mail.

This of course assumes that we are successful in judging when a mail has
been successfully transferred to the outgoing queue :-/

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You will wish you hadn't.