Some spam getting through for some odd reason

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Mon Jul 14 19:22:36 IST 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 11:15:29AM -0700, Damian Mendoza wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the feedback - I now believe that the message was scanned, but did not score high enough to be displayed as SPAM in my logs or the header of the message. It was a strange message with a lot of misspelled words.

I see that a lot now. "L337" spellings, with lots of s/l/1/, s/E/3/,
s/O/0/, s/o/0/, s/A/4/, and the like.

Once you have enough ham and spam to get Bayesian classification
working, SA finds that stuff very handily.

The "L337" alphabet, as near as I've been able to figure it out:

        abcdefghijk1mn0pqrs7uvwxyz
        4BCD3FGHIJKLMN0PQRSTUVWXYZ

Additions will be useful.

--