Strange (non working) behaviour 4.22-4

Norman Schmidt Jr norman at NORMAN.COM.BR
Mon Jul 14 18:01:45 IST 2003

Hi Folks,
At first, thanks to everybody who replied my post!
For the record, I found the problem:
Friday I was playing with the webmin mailscanner module
(http://lushsoft.dyndns.org/mailscanner-webmin/) in that server.
Although I hadnt saved any configuration change using that webmin module
- installing it just to check how look its interface - it seems that the
first thing the module did was change the "Virus Scanning"
MailScanner.conf directive to "no", without any warning. As it was
supposed to be, new child processes were reborning forwarding
everything. As this is such a blatantly obvious problem and I am subject
to all Murphy's laws, I simply didnt saw it in my three or four previous
.conf file checks.  A fifth check after a cup of coffee and a (thanks
Matt!) grep -v ^# MailScanner.conf hit the spot.
Again, thanks everybody!
Norman

Spicer, Kevin escreveu:
 >>I really dont have a clue about what happened. Everything looks fine.
 >>Can someone help me pointing where I can start looking for something
 >>wrong? Thanks in advance,
 >

 > Sounds like you might have a sendmail process running which is
bypassing mailscanner, try (assuming RedHat like syntax)