Strange (non working) behaviour 4.22-4

Norman Schmidt Jr norman at NORMAN.COM.BR
Mon Jul 14 02:20:03 IST 2003

Some days ago I installed a sendmail 8.12.9 + mailscanner 4.22-4. The setup
worked flawlessy for two days, scanning and blocking viruses and blocking
attachments as configured in filename and filetype.rules.conf. Everything
was running fine and smoothly. On Saturday, after some "MailScanner child
dying of old age" and restarting messages - and absolutely NO modifications
on any config file - Mailscanner stopped to scan and block files, and its
now just forwarding unscanned messages. Everything goes in: viruses, files
blocked by rules, etc:

MailScanner[1122]: New Batch: Forwarding 1 unscanned messages, 8465 bytes
MailScanner[1122]: Unscanned: Delivered 1 messages

I really dont have a clue about what happened. Everything looks fine. Can
someone help me pointing where I can start looking for something wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Norman