Some spam getting through for some odd reason

Damian Mendoza damian at WORKGROUPSOLUTIONS.COM
Sun Jul 13 19:48:38 IST 2003

Hi,

I have seen the same problem many times as well. I can see the scores in the maillog file as being tagged as spam, I also see it being deleted in maillog and then I see it being delivered to the receipient in the maillog.

The end-user receives the SPAM message - no spam header information included. It was a message sent to multiple recepients, however none of them are whitelisted.

Regards,

Damian

-----Original Message-----
From: penguin [mailto:penguin at DHCP.NET]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 4:18 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Some spam getting through for some odd reason

Heya,

I occasionally seem to get a spam E-mail that gets through without being
checked
properly. If I manually pipe it through SpamAssassin, it scores unusually
high
(39.90!). Even so, both of my spam 'actions' are set to 'delete' in the
MailScanner
configuration file. Also, the E-mail lacks the MailScanner and SpamAssassin
headers
altogether..? Oddly, I don't see it in my mail.log either.

Any ideas, suggestions?

-- Arnim

believed to be clean.