Spamassassin timed out

Damian Mendoza damian at WORKGROUPSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Jul 11 18:59:32 IST 2003

Hi,

Any ideas why I receive SpamAssassin timed out errors? It occurs every day and I have not been able resolve why it happens. I've removed RBLs from MailScanner.conf. I'm using DCC and Razor. I have multiple T1 connections to the Internet dedicated just for SMTP messages - about 6500 messages a day.

Jul 11 10:38:38 spamgate MailScanner[21117]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 4 of 20
Jul 11 10:38:43 spamgate MailScanner[20984]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 4 of 20
Jul 11 10:38:52 spamgate MailScanner[21233]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 3 of 20
Jul 11 10:39:20 spamgate MailScanner[21117]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 5 of 20
Jul 11 10:39:24 spamgate MailScanner[20884]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 4 of 20

Usually the consecutive failure remains less than 8. Should I worry about these errors?

Thanks,

Damian