Upgrade spamassassin

Joe Stuart jstuart at EDENPR.K12.MN.US
Fri Jul 11 18:24:17 IST 2003

Ok I did the upgrade and it seemed to go smooth, but now when I test it
it's not marking anything with spam. I'm testing it with obviuos spam
stuff that scored 6-8 points before is now only scoring maybe 2. I have
no idea what is wrong. any help is appreciated.

Thanks

At 08:55 AM 7/11/2003 -0700, William Curley wrote:
>If you are upgrading from a tar file, there should be no problem
upgrading
>from
>previous versions. There should be an UPGRADE File or maybe some text
in the
>INSTALL file. I personally have never had problems upgrading.

It should go just fine.. however, be aware that if you (improperly)
edited
files in /usr/share/spamassassin, they will be obliterated by the
upgrade
process. (the installer does a rm -f on this directory). Move any
customizations to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf or MailScanner's
spam.assassin.prefs.conf.

There have only been two occasions where I've had upgrade problems:

The first was when I had made a subdirectory under
/usr/share/spamassassin
for some backups. The install failed because it couldn't clean out
/usr/share/spamassassin.

The second was when I upgraded via CPAN and I had a buggy version of
CPAN
that tried to install a whole new copy of perl in /usr/local/*. I wound
up
with two copies of SA and two copies of perl. That was a mess to clean
up..