Quick Exim question

Mike Oliveri moliveri at uti.com
Fri Jul 11 16:03:39 IST 2003

I've got a currently-working Exim configuration; would I just go ahead and
run the Exim setup script again to populate a new exim.in spool directory?
Of course, that's assuming I can find the Exim setup script the last admin
used... I'm still rather new to Exim and I'm running 3.36 on FreeBSD.

I did fire up MailScanner yesterday after moving everything to that exim.in
directory and ended up with an error message after all. Outlook Express
simply reported refused connections, but Pine said it was unable to create
/var/spool/exim.in. I assume it's related to the above directory problems,
as the permissions on exim and exim.in match.

Would simply eliminating the split spool functionality avoid this problem
altogether?

Take care,
Mike Oliveri
Systems Administrator