MailScanner in Raq4

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Thu Jul 10 17:42:46 IST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:17:18AM -0700, Luis Amado Vargas wrote:
> I´ve serious problem with MailScanner, i followed the instalation
> instruction line by line for Cobalt Raq4, i first install f-prot, then
> MailScanner and then SpamAssasin, and only have a problem with chkconfig
> command.
>
> I check the status for MailScanner
>
> [root /]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner status
> Checking MailScanner daemons:
>          MailScanner:       ok
>          incoming sendmail: ok
>          outgoing sendmail: ok
>
> In the maillog appears this
>
> Jul  9 14:18:34 ns5 MailScanner[18086]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
> version 4.21-9 starting...
> Jul  9 14:18:34 ns5 MailScanner[18086]: SpamAssassin installation could
> not be found
> If i try to send infected mail  or any mail and   .... the MailScanner
> is not working , not send and recive any mail
>
> any commentary on the matter
>
> Please Urgent !!!

I expect it *is*. Probably all your inbound mail is being locked up in
the Raq. I've been there, and it's unpleasant.

First, you need to find your SpamAssassin installation. Try
`locate SpamAssassin` or `find /usr -name "*ssassin*"` -- without
the quotes, of course. Then you need to tell MailScanner where
to look, in /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.Conf. The variable
to set is "SpamAssassin Install Prefix".

If `find /usr -name "*ssassin*"` fails, then try
`find / -name "*ssassin*"`, but keep in mind that this will search
everything that is currently mounted on that machine, including
all remotely-mounted (SAMBA, NFS, etc.) filesystems. That can be
expensive.

If this still fails and you haven't found the problem, then please
reply to the list.

¡Buena suerte!

--
Mike Andrews