Chinese Emails

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Jul 10 15:43:51 IST 2003

Richard Sidlin wrote:
> I put a message up a couple of weeks ago but I am still having a
> problem with emails being received in what looks like Chinese. I
> added a few lines on language settings in the spam assassin conf file
> that someone suggested but that hasn't cured it. It's really only
> coming in on one email address but my customer is getting very
> agitated about it! Anyone help please? BTW, it's coming from all
> sorts of addresses and domains.

I've just checked the archive and the example you posted previously had not been scanned by MailScanner, could you post some example headers where MailScanner has scanned it please.  If MailScanner isn't scanning any of them you need to work out why (maybe you have a mis-configured ruleset somewhere?).  Preferably post headers for a representative message and grep your maillog for the messageid and post the lines you find.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.