MailScanner 101, take two.

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Thu Jul 10 14:48:08 IST 2003

Note though that 'make test' for spamassassin will fail if the system's
network ports are sufficiently locked down by iptables/ipchains.  It hangs
for a long time.  If that happens to you, try turning off ipchains/iptables
while you run make test, then turn it on again when you're done.

>Yes. Just set "Virus Scanners = f-prot" or whatever is
>appropriate for your
>scanner, in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.

And if, like me, your first thought upon seeing that was "well how do I know
it's 'f-prot' instead of 'F-Prot' or 'fprot'", then it's worth noting that
the list of virus scanners is in the virus.scanners.conf file (which for me
is in /etc/MailScanner).

HTH,
Trever