MS Performance

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Wed Jul 9 15:24:31 IST 2003

Mike,

Quick question I've been meaning to ask on the list for a while:

What's a reasonable amount of memory to have on a MailScanner box to take
advantage of tmpfs??, and how much of a difference does it make?? - I've got
two Proliant DL360's, one with 512Mb RAM and the other with 1Gb RAM both
just running MailScanner, Sophos, Clam and MailWatch on RedHat 9.

Obviously 1Gb's probably enough, but what about the machine with 512Mb?? -
what happens if I end up with a queue full of largeish mails - will it just
swap like crazy and is there any chance of loosing mail by doing this if the
server runs out of memory??

Kind regards,
Steve

--