MailScanner not removing virus even though it was found?

Paul Linton paul at CS.UKY.EDU
Wed Jul 9 14:50:47 IST 2003

Hmmm, I doubled checked and did not find it twice.  In the off change that
this was causing a problem, I did change it to 'none':

% grep -v "^#" MailScanner.conf | grep -i virus
Virus Scanning = yes
Virus Scanners = mcafee
Virus Scanner Timeout = 300
Silent Viruses = none
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = yes
Deleted Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/deleted.virus.message.txt
Stored Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/stored.virus.message.txt
Sender Virus Report        = %report-dir%/sender.virus.report.txt
Virus Modify Subject = yes
Virus Subject Text = {Virus?}
Attachment Warning Filename = VirusWarning.txt
Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf

Same effect.

Thanks - I'll keep looking.  Doing a 'debug' one-time run didn't show
anything else.  I'm hesitant to start adding debug statements in all the
perl modules.

- Paul

Paul Linton      Systems Programmer       paul at cs.uky.edu
UofK Department of Computer Science       (859) 257-3962