F-prot auto updates ...

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Wed Jul 9 13:32:43 IST 2003

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> Ok, thanks. Then i know its not just me :)
>
>> I only noticed a backlog yesterday 20:00 (GMT +2).
>>
>> Checking my log I can't see anything strange at that time. I do see
>> an entry "Jul  7 19:02:13 netlx014 F-Prot autoupdate[7265]: F-Prot
>> successfully updated." So it took just over 2 minutes to update my
>> systems.
>>
>> Going back in my logs I noticed it normally takes 10 to 15 seconds to
>> update F-Prot. But I don't think 2 minutes is that much of a problem
>> when I update F-Prot.
>
> A little later this was fixed. Most likely due to network or system
> problems @f-prot. It was also depending on what machine in their load
> balanced cluster you were ending. So i guess one or two boxes that
> would not do the right things :)
>
> All seems fixed now indeed btw.
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

Should there not be an timeout built into the update process to ensure this does not happen?

Dean Plant

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.