MS Performance

Andrea Cogliati AndreaC at GOTECH.IT
Wed Jul 9 11:08:53 IST 2003

Guys,

we did several stress tests on our MS gateway and these are the results.

System description:

Single Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
128 MB RAM
40 GB single IDE disk
MS 4.22-5
SpamAssassin 2.55
AV: McAfee and ClamAV

With this system we are able to process about 100 messages/minute.

We had to lower the number of MS children processes to 3, as with the
default
of 5 we got a lot of swapping (each MS process uses about 20MB of
memory) and
performance severely degraded. Increasing the number of messages per
process
to 75 also improved the overall performance a little bit.

Does this make any sense? Can I improve the performances tuning the
system
configuration?

TIA,

Andrea