Service in Tarbal??

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Tue Jul 8 23:38:34 IST 2003

I have an installation of MailScanner on a Mandrake 8.2 server.  I have
installed from a tarbal and not the rpm.

I am using postfix 2.0.10, clamav, and spamassassin.

All is working well right now...

However, I recently made changes to the filename.rules.conf to stop the
SoBig.E virus and now need to restart the service.

The problem is what files need to be installed to run MailScanner as a
server?  There is no obvious instructions for building the file
/etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner or /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner...

I know that these are part of the RPM, but how do I construct them
otherwise?

Eric