Quick AV question

Evert Ford richard_cipher at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 8 23:02:56 IST 2003

Yes.

Amavis is actually, at least to my understand, an e-mail scanner, that calls
an anti-virus piece of software, such as Kapersky, or F-prot, or Sophos.  It
can also be used to scan e-mails for spam.

Sounds just like MailScanner!  In Fact, it fulfills the same role as
MailScanner in the marketplace, only it is much tougher to install and setup
and have working.  MailScanner is more stable and robust.  Once I switched
from Amavis to MailScanner, I've had very few problems.

Evert
Computer Guy
Westone Laboratories.

---