Quick AV question

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Tue Jul 8 22:50:59 IST 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 04:32:20PM -0500, Mike Oliveri is rumored to have said:

> Has anyone out there used MailScanner with AMaViS, and/or can anyone think
> of any reason I shouldn't be able to? Thanks!

MailScanner and Amavis perform roughly the same function - both use external virus scanners to check incoming messages, but MS adds antispam capabilities. I used to use amavis, but replaced it with MS some time ago. Better software, antispam and there aren't sixteen zillion branches to try and decide between/keep uptodate.

--
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix