Sophos Antivirus...

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Jul 8 22:28:19 IST 2003

> Actually, Sophos updates their engine every month

Agreed, I meant to say that you only need to upgrade every three months,
doh!

> As for the auto-update process for the IDEs, we watch the mailbox that
> receives their mailings that new IDEs have been put up on the web page.
> Basically, when the mailbox file changes, an auto-update process kicks
> off.

I've found that the ides usually appear a while before the email alerts,
whenever I've checked (which to be fair isn't often) I've already got
the ides from the hourly update by the time the email arrives.  I guess
they don't wait to write the analysis and send the email before
publishing the ides.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000