R Rulesets( How to disable a mail to a user before scanning)

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Tue Jul 8 20:38:14 IST 2003

I still say this problem needs to be resolved first:

553 5.3.5 www.dpi.state.wi.us. config error: mail loops back to me (MX
problem?)
554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

On Redhat systems, adding www.dpi.state.wi.us to /etc/mail/local-host-names
and a restart of the MailScanner service should fix it.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Kevin Spicer
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 2:39 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: R Rulesets( How to disable a mail to a user before scanning)

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 20:20, Remco Barendse wrote:

>For some reason mail sent to webmaster@ or postmaster@ never ever gets
>deleted. It is marked as spam, but a spam action to delete it never
>works it seems.

Maybe you have aliases for webmaster & postmaster (perhaps onto root) in
/etc/aliases.  Sendmail (IIRC) applies these aliases on receipt, so by the
time the message gets to MailScanner its envelope is
root at yourserver.yourdomain.com  (you'll still get webmaster in the
headers)

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete this message immediately.
Disclosure, copying or other action taken in respect of this email or in
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited accepts no
liability in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.