Newbie - rules files

Tue Jul 8 16:48:05 IST 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 1:57 pm, Dustin Baer wrote:

> > Kenny wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > I am trying to set up a rules files for the inline signatures.
> > I have separated the three fields by a tab eg.
> >
> > From:    @mydomain.com    yes
> >
> > What I am finding is the first line of the file always works but
> > MailScanner appears to be ignoring all other lines.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated....
>
> What about:
>
>         From:    *@mydomain.com    yes

I believe the * here is redundant.   The second field is a regular expression
for matching against the sender's address, so unless you put a ^ at the
beginning to anchor the @ as the first character, @mydomain.com will match
exactly the same things as *@mydomain.com.

Admittedly the second version might be a little easier to read and see what
it does, but there is no functional difference for MailScanner.

Antony.

--

What is this talk of software 'release' ?
Our software evolves and matures until it becomes capable of escape,