MailScanner 101, take two.

David While David.While at UCE.AC.UK
Fri Jul 4 08:51:55 IST 2003

They updated the DB twice yesterday (3 July). I guess the update frequency is determined by the virus writers - you only update the signatures when a new virus outbreak occurs.

David While

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Kevin Miller [mailto:Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US]
	Sent: Thu 03/07/2003 19:09
	To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
	Subject: Re: MailScanner 101, take two.

	Thanks.  Earlier posts (month or two ago I think) indicated that they
	weren't the quickest off the line with updates, but one or two posts isn't a
	very big statistical sample!  So, how satisfied have you ClamAV users been
	with the pattern updates?  Do they come in in a timely fashion?

	TIA...

	...Kevin
	CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
	Administrator
	155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
	Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500