How can I exclude exe attachment from single email address

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 22:43:45 IST 2003

At 22:24 03/07/2003, you wrote:
>I didn't know you could nest rulesets like that!

No, you can't. In the filename.rules.conf example, you are using a ruleset
to create a list of allow/deny patterns for the filename. You aren't using
a ruleset to create a ruleset.

By the way, an alternative to my previous solution is to create a
filename.allowexe.conf just containing a single rule
allow   \.exe$  -       -
and then make the filename.rules ruleset concatenate
filename.allowexec.conf and the original filename.rules.conf file using 2
rules like this:
From:   awkward at bugger.com      /etc/MailScanner/filename.allowexe.conf
/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
FromOrTo:       default         /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

In the resulting filename allow/deny patterns applied to
awkward at bugger.com, the first rule will allow *.exe which will over-ride
the "deny \.exe$" restriction later in the supplied filename.rules.conf.

--
Julian Field