MailScanner 101, take two.

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Jul 3 18:21:10 IST 2003

For AV you could always use ClamAV that is completely free. Recent posts
on the list has it that CA eTrust is legit to run with a $28 workstation
license. That might also be interesting.

ClamAV scans faster than F-Prot in my tests. It's also covered by
MailScanners signature-updating script but you should update the program
from time to time. But you can forget about the check instead! :)

Check this for more info:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/OS-virus-scan-web.htm

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun