MailScanner feature request

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Wed Jul 2 11:01:49 IST 2003

Randy Fishel <randyf at SIBERNET.COM> wrote:

>  I personally would prefer that the default action would to have the
>message NOT sent to the sender, and have the choice to send it to the
>recipient (the latter already exists, but I would need to add the pattern
>to the silent list to get the former).

I also don't think that sender notifications are a good idea. In my
MailScanner.conf I have Notify Senders = no, and in the text of the
recipient virus notifications I tell them to inform the sender of the
problem only if they are sure the message is otherwise legitimate.
I've also altered the sender reports so that they get sent to me, in
case of misconfiguration.

Tony.
SELSEY BILL TO LYME REGIS: WEST OR NORTHWEST 3 OR 4. ISOLATED SHOWERS.
MODERATE OR GOOD. SLIGHT.