Quick translation request - Brazilian Portuguese

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Wed Jul 2 06:25:48 IST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 14:52, David wrote:
> On Dienstag, Juli 1, 2003, at 08:27  Uhr, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
>
> > El Martes, 1 de Julio de 2003 02:20 PM, escribió:
> >> Regarding Spanish, afaik, the language is spoken in more countries
> >> than any
> >> others (not by more people, I guess that is Chinese), and there are
> >> wild
> > chinese mandarin (there are several chinese dialects)
> (learned Chinese at University)
> and just to give you a number, there are over 3500 known Chinese
> dialects.. so imagine that plus the ones not found yet...

Sure there are 3500 spoken dialects but only a few (2-3) written
variations and most Chinese can read the bulk of those written forms. I
presume Julian was looking for written and not phonetic translations ;-)

Stephen