MailScanner Postfix and SuSE 8.1

Samuel Luxford-Watts slwatts at WINCKWORTHS.CO.UK
Tue Jul 1 13:17:54 IST 2003

Hi,

Can someone help me please?!

I have just installed a clean copy of SuSE 8.1, Postfix (1.1.11-110),
Sophos, and MailScanner. I used the latest stable release from the
Mailscanner website (Version 4.21-9 for SuSE Linux 8.0/8.1).

I ran the installation script and followed through every step in the Using
MailScanner with Postfix installation guide with no real problems except one
- the guide refers to a utility called redhat-switchmail-nox which I do not
have. Anyway When I try to run /etc/init.d/MailScanner start I get the
following errors:
Initializing sendmail and MailScannersendmail: invalid option -- O
sendmail: fatal: usage: sendmail [options]
sendmail: invalid option -- A
sendmail: fatal: usage: sendmail [options]
sendmail: invalid option -- A
sendmail: fatal: usage: sendmail [options]
                                                                     failed
I have had a look through the init.d script and it looks nothing like the
updated one on the Mailscanner website. Also /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner has
no MTA= line in it and I have not added one. It only has a number of
SENDMAIL_*_ARGS options and the workdir directives. Is this right? Or do I
need to add the MTA Line anyway? It doesn't seem to be used by the
init.d/MailScanner script that was installed with the SuSE package.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get this working? I guess I just need
to tweak the sendmail options but do not know which ones should be used.

Thanks in advance,

Sam